Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My DIY Baby Girl Christening Invitation Card

We had our daughter baptized about a month ago and I would like to share with you guys about a simple do-it-yourself invitation card I made at a short notice. 
We were thinking of a very simple Christening for our little Timi and thought that inviting the guests personally would be enough so we can use the money intended for other things to pay for the event. But, two weeks before the celebration we felt that we really need to send invites for my boyfriend's family.
I wanted to make the cards with a personal touch from me, so what I did, I went online and search for a baby girl background or layout. Edited the layout by using Picasa photo editor ( I don’t have anything fancy).
The picture below was my final layout.  I had made a few and showed them to my boyfriend and we both agreed on this one:


The next day I went to a local digital printing shop and had it printed in satin type printing. Its printed like a photo, it’s cheaper than have it printed with a card,I  think. I paid $1.35c for 10 copies.


For the fun part! decorating my project :) . I took pictures of the materials, minus the glue stick though, I only found out later that I needed it, lol.

Prepare:

Thick Stationary Paper. I used it to cover the back of the photo. It’s less than 45c.


Ribbons. I used the white ribbon to cover the upper and lower part of the photo. The rose pink ribbon I glued at the center top most of the card.


Glue and Scissors.



Scrapbook Decor. I pasted it at the back where I put the name of the guests.




Here’s the Final Look of the Invitation Card..

So, that’s it! I probably spent about $4 for this invitation. You can make your own, too! Good luck! God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment